Friday, June 17, 2011

Here we go.

SOOOOO tomorrow is the big day! I'm actually doing it. I'm going to India. When I heard about this program, (Rising Star Outreach) I looked at it online and sent in my application. Little did I know, I would get a phone call a couple days later telling me that I got in, and that if I agreed, I would be going to India. I thought it might be a good idea to inform my parents of this adventure I just signed up for- on the other side of the world. I called them and told them that I wanted to go to India. I think they thought it was one of my crazy ideas and I'd get over it in a couple days. Welp mom and dad.. here I am. Packed and ready to get on a plane  and head over to India. I can't even describe how excited I am. I'm not sure I know exactly what I am getting myself into, but we will find out very soon. If there is anyone reading this.. Thanks! and I promise these will get better. I am so excited to get to know the people of India and help out in any way that I can. I just want to say thank you to all of those who donated to the program. Thank you for helping me have this opportunity to go to India. It truly means so much to me. And I also need to tell my mom and dad (possibly the only people reading this) how much I appreciate everything they do for me. I am so lucky to have parents who encourage me to follow my dreams. Two amazing people who have done so much to make this happen. Getting my visa. Renewing my passport. Taking me to get all my shots and blood drawn (I may or may not have cried). Booking flights. Helping pack. They are the greatest.

In just a few short hours... I will be dropped off at the Salt Lake City airport, with a suitcase full of food, my camera, my journal, my passport, my laptop, and my pillow. oh and some ambien. Memories are about to be made people.

Well I don't have much to say yet, except I'm super excited anddddd I can't wait to land. Saturday morning departure 7am and Sunday night arrival 10pm. I'm in for a treat. Thanks for following! An adventure of a lifetime is just one sleep away.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck Baby Girl! I know you're en route in Delhi right now, a crazy long flight. I miss you already! Have a great time, I can't wait to read your blog!
    Luv ya'!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Charlie. What a great Fathers Day gift to know that your children are willing to take chances in life and follow thier dreams. Too many people take the easy way out of life and miss out on the opportunity to grow and experience everything that life has to offer. You have waited a year for this and now it is here. Enjoy every moment, even the hard ones and you will create memories and relationships that will last a life time.
    I Love You!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to your adventures in India. What a blessing you will be to the people you will be working with. With your tender heart you are just what the doctor ordered. Your life will never be the same after this wonderful experience as you will see some of our Heavenly Father's choicest children in circumstances that are so challenging - and to think you can help make life better for them. I am so proud of you. You make me want to do more to help the people around me. Make it an experence of a lifetime. Thanks for following this dream and blessing so many lives.

    Love you the mostest!
    Grandma Payne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlee, What an amazing experience thus far. I am so proud of you that you have this opportunity to have this once in a lifetime experience

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! How exciting. You look just like a natural loving those precious children and sharing your love and talents with them

    Love ya,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, those are such great pictures! Those kids just want to be loved, they are in for a treat because you have a lot of love to give! I can't wait for you next post!

    Luv ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you so much! You are such an amazing example for me and i am honored to be your brother! I am so happy for you and the things you are going to learn in these 3 weeks. I am so excited to follow your blog and read all about your experiences! So far it is amazing and i kinda regret turning down the trip hahaha

    love you car!!!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know what to say after reading your last entry. My heart was filled with the spirit as you shared your testimony with me. You may not understand all they are saying but it is so evident that spirit is speaking to spirit and each person whose life you touch is being blessed. However, I can see that some of the greatest blessing are being received as you are working with people who are giving back all they have to give - their love and appreciation. Bless you Carlee for your unselfish service to these most precious of God's children (both young and old. Thanks for taking the time to share. It is so much better and more fun to get the updates as they happen rather than try to recapture your special feelings when you return home. Thank goodness for modern technology. Keep up the good work!

    Love you the mostest Carlee!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete